Hi readers.. Just want to share my experience of the renewing process as my wife passport was about to expire that time (within 6 months). Its pretty easy tho and it take only 3 business day to get it done. So here it is the steps.
1. Print and Fill in the Form of request (use only black pen), formulir hijau Perdim 11 download here
2. Prepare all the documents (there’s no need to bring a photo)
– Old passport and one copy of old passport (first and the last page), they provide you photocopy outside the main building
– Singapore ID Card (Work permit, Employment Pass, S-Pass, Dependant Pass, Student Pass, Permanent Resident) and its copy
– Copy of birth certificate (in Indonesian language)
– Married Certificate / Divorce Certicate (if you have)
– Cash! S$38 (for standard passport)
Go to the Indonesia embassy website to get the latest requirement over here
3. It will take 3 business days to renew your passport
Plan wisely before traveling, also please check the public holiday (sometimes they have their own holiday) KBRI Singapore Public holiday
Time for Submission 9:00 – 12:00 (Monday to Friday)
Time for Collection 15:00 – 17:00 (Monday to Friday)
*always check for the collection timing and bring collection receipt with you, if you lost it you can provide your ID
4. Use an appropriate Dress Code
The following attire is not allowed inside the KBRI Singapore: Shorts and Bermuda except for children below 12 years old, Singlet and strapless top.
5. Take Taxi / Bus, you can take Bus from RedHill / Outram Park
The Address Embassy of The Republic Indonesia
No7 Chatsworth Road, Singapore 249761
Phone (65) 67377422 Fax (65) 67375037 / 62355783
Email: [email protected]
6. You need to give IC / other identification for an exchange of a visitor pass
Surprisingly they accept Eazy Link as well tho 🙂 in case you only bring ID that you are going to use to apply for renewing (don’t give that ID that you’ll use to apply the passport) – please wear the visitor pass all the time
7. Walk straight and enter the main building on your left.
8. Go to the help desk, the receptionist will check your forms and documents and give you the queue number.
9. They will call your number proceed to the counter and bring all your documents, they will check on your documents and ask you to wait.
10. When they call your name for 2nd time, please proceed to the bio metric’s room to take your fingerprints and photo.
11. After that they will give you a piece of paper and bring that to the cashier (opposite of the help desk), make payment and they will give you a receipt with the date of collection.
12. They have their own cafeteria outside main building near photocopy counter
After you finish with the business or while waiting (in this case I don’t see much time for queuing) you can have your meal with reasonable price and the taste wasn’t that bad but its not so authentic in my opinion.
I didn’t see much trouble with the renewing process and queuing time was not that bad as they are pretty effective with the process. Hope this steps help you out and give you virtual sight how to get it done. Enjoy guys!!